Monday, December 16, 2013

Finding Blessings {Circles of Faith}



By the time you read, this Thanksgiving will be over and we will be counting down the days until Christmas. However, as I write I'm preparing for Thanksgiving, so stay with me.

I look ahead to both the Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday with mixed emotions.

My family will spend Thanksgiving apart. I will be off to see my husband for the last time before he deploys and our children will both be in different states.

Our two boys have said their goodbyes to their father and there were many tears. Now it will be my turn. I tell myself it isn't goodbye as those words are so final, but ten months is a long time to be apart. I'm reminded to be grateful for the beautiful gift of Skype.

Christmas will come and my husband will be in Afghanistan. The rest of the family will be together—a gift from God indeed.

To read more join me over at Circles of Faith today.

5 comments :

  1. Oh sister Beth-- I keep praying for you. Good thing God is our numero uno, right? Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. It's a good thing! Love you too, Sharita.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your post. You must be very proud of your men. Being a soldier is the most honorable job. I admire the way you find the gratitude in all circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura. I appreciate you stopping in. Many blessings.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up with Thought-Provoking Thursday today! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.