Monday, April 7, 2014

Grace Finds Wings {Circles of Faith}



WHEN GOD DEMONSTRATES HIS GRACE THROUGH FELLOWSHIP

I had the opportunity to attend the Compel Conference in South Sioux City, Nebraska in January. The theme for the conference was A Dare to Dream with the lovely Deidra Riggs as the featured speaker for the weekend. We began on a Friday evening and I tried to write as fast as my fingers would allow to capture everything Deidra shared with us.

"We are here to reflect God’s glory here on earth.

Speak life and light into the inky chaos; that is why God breathes life into you.

He redeems us for a reason and it’s not just about getting to heaven.

They will know we are Christians by the way we love each other.

God sent His Holy Spirit to live within us.

You are the only person that God sent to this world to live your life.

We are reflecting the image of God to the world."

WHAT DO I REMEMBER MOST FROM MY FIRST NIGHT AT COMPEL?

To read more join me over at Circles of Faith.

6 comments :

  1. I'm heading over there right now, Beth! The quotes above are wonderful!! I can't wait to read the rest of your post...

    Hugs, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a beautiful conference :). One of these days, I'll be able to attend a conference--and then maybe I'll have the opportunity to meet some of on line friends in real life :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say?

    You're a brave lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth! What a wonderful and intense experience you had! I know the names of the people you mentioned, but only because I see them around the blogging world. You actually met them all...what a blessing.

    Good for you for reaching out and starting those conversations girl!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth,
    Love Deidra's quote about speaking light and life into the inky chaos. Sounds like a wonderful conference. Any chance you might attend the Allume conference in the fall? Would love to meet up with you somewhere around the globe.
    Love and ((hugs)),
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.