Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Three Word Wednesday: Time For Fun



My husband is the fun one of the two of us. There isn't much he will not try; other than trying new foods. His first time on an airplane he sky dived out of it. Who does that? Kids adore him because he will gladly get on the floor and play with them. Once they find out he’s a soldier they simply admire this fun hero of mine.

I'd love to say I'm his wingman but it’s more like I fly under his wing. I leave the fun stuff to him.

I'm a watcher more than a doer. I will come watch the fun any day. Someone needs to capture the fun being had so I typically choose to hide behind the camera.

Then my husband goes off for a year. He had no choice. The Army called. They took my fun guy away. I no longer have a wing to hide under. To be honest, there are days when mustering up a smile is way too much to ask of me.

I’m guest posting at the lovely Jen Ferguson's of Finding Heaven today. I’d love you to join me over there for the rest of this story!

***As you can see I'm off schedule again with my Love Dare series post. I simply did not have the heart to ask you to read two of my posts on the same day. I hope you come back on Friday for Dare #4: Love is thoughtful. If you missed them, you can read the first three posts in this series here.

22 comments :

  1. My hubby is the fun one too- I learn so much from him and am learning to "let go" and be a bit more carefree- it is hard for me, but good to grow in this way.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and sharing, Katie. This year apart from my husband has surely been growning me in the area of being willing to get out and try new things. It's been fun but I'm also more than ready for my husband to come home! Blessings to you.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I am addicted to those painting classes. So. Much. Fun.
    Also, I'm in your club. I sing praise and raise my hands in the car, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are. Throughout the class we kept saying we needed to do it again. :)
      So glad to be in the club together.
      Thank you for stopping by, Jennifer. {Hugs}

      Delete
  3. You sound fun! Over the years I've learned to be an adverturer - my husband has led the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. My husband certainly lead the way for the two of us also. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  4. I'm heading over there now, Beth! Happy Wednesday to you!

    Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for heading over, Joan! I appreciate you. Happy Wednesday!!

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely more of a thinker than my hubby doer too. :) I have to purpose to engage myself in activities with him to show him love the way he feels love & to have the memories I want to have for myself and our family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You share such a great point, Jolene. We need to do those things that may not be comfortable or even our favorite things, if it's something that means a lot to our husbands to show them our love. Thank you for sharing. It's so good to see you here. Blessings.

      Delete
  6. Left a comment over at Jen's.

    You're so inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your beautiful message over at, Jen's. :)

      Delete
  7. "Hug" I was kinda lost without my husband when he was away too. Hang in there <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Priscilla. I'm hanging in there but also ready for him to come home!!

      Delete
  8. Just visiting from Ceil Ryan's blog.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by, Victor. God bless.

      Delete
  9. Oh Beth, that line about your husbands first plane ride was when he jumped out of it was hilarious!!
    I came over to see the next installment of your Love Dare, but I guess I'll wait until Friday. Thank you for your note over at the blog. I'm so glad that we 'hit it off' so well in person.

    Looking forward to next time too :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought he was crazy that day he jumped out of the plane. :)
      Thanks so much for following along on my Love Dare journey, Ceil. It means so much to me.
      Much love.

      Delete
  10. I know I popped over to Jen's place earlier this week to comment, but I am not going to lie- I have NOT been able to get your post off of my mine. I think God is trying to GROW me (my word for 2014) in one area of chilling out and finding more JOY through having FUN. You so inspire me to make it happen, sweet Beth.

    Thanks for faithfully joining #EverydayJesus. You rock my socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I offered some inspiration, Sharita. I love how God speaks to our hearts through others. It's just super cool! Love you.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.