Monday, September 30, 2013

Snapshot Love—a new season

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

I've always considered myself a summer girl. The hotter weather is welcomed. During the colder months I dream of being some place warm. Take me to the beach and my spirits are lifted.

I previously had dreams of running a marathon. There is something surprising refreshing about running. A good run, short or long, would leave me exhilarated and ready to conquer the world. An ankle injury two or three years ago has left me unable to run anymore.

On a two-hour walk this past weekend, God revealed something new to me. He revealed I'm no longer only a summer girl and a slower pace suits me well.

He's preparing me for a new season. It's a season I believe He has been preparing me for since the day He won my heart. I don't know what this season without my husband will look like but I know my eyes and heart are set on Jesus. I will hold on to Him with all my might for He promises everything will be alright.

If I remained indoors when summer came to an end and did not replace running with the now preferred alternative of walking, I may have missed the beauty found in a new season. "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven." ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1











My prayer is this: God, I pray that from Your glorious, unlimited resources You will empower me with inner strength through Your Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in my heart as I trust in Him. May my roots grow down into Your love and keep me strong. And may I have the power to understand, as all Your people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep Your love is. May I experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then You will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from You. Amen. (adapted from Ephesians 3:14-19)

20 comments :

  1. Beautiful pictures, thanks for a sliver of peace today through them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - These photos are just beautiful. But more so, your heart is beautiful. Praying that our God will keep you strengthened in the days ahead. Praying that He reveals the purposes to be found in the season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. You help keep my spirits lifted...truly!

      Delete
  3. I love this Beth ... a big believer of seasons I am, having seen way too many of them!

    :-}

    There's so much lightness, purpose, and freedom in looking at our lives and seeing where we truly are, rather than where we were way back in the day. Our decision making gets clarified and we live focusing on the here and now, rather than always looking back over our shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the here and now is where my focus needs to be. Thank you for sharing, Linda. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful photos. That verse in Ephesians is something I pray over myself all the time. Praying for this new season you are about to walk into. I know He will hold you close and bring you through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your prayers, Barbie. They are appreciated and felt.
      Much love,
      Beth

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful friend, just beautiful! Love the words, but the pics steal my heart. New seasons always awaken and bring a fresh breeze to our spirits. Oh how I'm excited for you! I'm ready for you to come visit me too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you!! I will be out to visit you and I can't wait.

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful post with beautiful photos dear Beth! I am believing more and more that this is a new season- new beginning for many.. Keeping you in prayer as you enter into this new season with Him. I can't wait to hear more about your journey into this new season with Him. Blessings and love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha. Blessings and love to you too.

      Delete
  7. What a great reminder of how the Lord brings us through various "seasons." I'm so glad He is constant throughout every season.
    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! Thank you for stopping in Shannon. Blessings.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photography! Praying that He reveals the purposes to be found in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, dear Beth, the season of change is beautiful through the lens' eye and your prayer is even more so. God's Word is so powerful and I, too, desire to "experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully." I am glad I came by for this encouragement.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for your encouraging comment! I'm always grateful for when God leads you here. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  10. Ohhh how I love to pray the Word, Beth! And mine for you is my life verse, Romans 15:13. May it give you strength in the days to come:
    May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust Him so you can abound with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fabulously beautiful! I had knee surgery last April. When the doctor told me he couldn't guarantee that I'd be able to run again my heart sank. I am running again, just barely, but like you I am falling in love with walking. Oh I'm praying for you for this next season.... and soon enough I'll be right there with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi my dear friend!! :) I am a slower pace kind of girl, so I love this!! We have a farm behind our house and long gravel roads all around, so one of my favorite things is to go for a long walk (usually with my girlies and a dog or two), snapping pictures along the way! Your photos of nature are just beautiful!! Fall is my favorite, and I think the leaves change into the loveliest of colors!! I hope you're doing well and having a wonderful weekend!! Blessings to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.