Friday, May 23, 2014

Friday Randomness (Vol. 24)



Scripture speaking to my heart

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." ~ Ephesians 3:17-19

#JoyDare #1000Gifts

"We give thanks to God not because of how we feel but because of who He is." ~ Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts Devotional

Favorite quote

"Even when our tears slip we know His hand never does. His creation says it all. He goes deep like the ocean. He stretches wide like the sky. He reaches out like the sun." ~ LysaTerKeurst #incourage

The Love Dare

Before my husband departed for his deployment I mentioned to my pastor one evening during a Bible study class that I was actually excited to see how God would grow our marriage during the time we would spend apart. Every part of me believes this love dare challenge was all part of God's plan. It has awakened my soul to seek Christ with a renewed passion and I'm falling deeper and deeper in love with my husband. It has God written all over it.

What am I reading?

I have so many unread books and spring is apparently the time for new releases which has made it hard to choose what to read next. My friend Kristin of 152 Insights to My Soul hosted a giveaway recently at her place and I ended up being the lucky winner of the book Chasing God by Angie Smith. After reading the introduction and a portion of the first chapter I've made my decision on what I'm reading next.

     "Stop running like mad because you don't 
know the music; lay in the wild grass while the 
stars dance instead.
      Forget what they've told you about me and
stop thinking it's something you have to perform.
You could spend your entire life doing that and
never know any more of Me at all. You'll miss
the point, miss the beauty, and miss the sky I
painted above for you.
      It's a beautiful night to realize what it's
really like to be loved.
      Stop chasing the song, child, and let Me
teach you to sing." ~ Angie Smith, Chasing God

A few of my favorite blog reads from the past few weeks

"This is the petition I breathe, the Psalmist's heart-cry that courses through my veins whenever these fingers hit the keyboard in this online space." ~ A Blogger's Prayer, by Linda of Creekside Ministries

"Choosing joy through little things, will teach you to choose joy in the big things. The life-changing, I-don’t-know-how-to-survive-this things." ~ How to Learn Acceptance With Joy, by Natasha Metzler

"The more grace we show ourselves, the more grace we’ll be able to show others." ~ Learning to Love Yourself Just As God Made You, by Emily Wierenga via The Better Mom

A few of my favorite blog reads on marriage

5 Qualities of a Kind Wife, by Courtney of Women Living Well

5 Tips For Keeping a Marriage Strong, by Jeanne Tekenaka

Sharita of 7 Days Time is doing a wonderful series on Building a Christ-Like Marriage which I recommend catching up on.

Online friends become INRL friends

I'm incredibly grateful for the many opportunities I've had recently to meet writing friends in real life. Last weekend I met Cindee Snider Re of Breathe Deeply for lunch and we had a beautiful afternoon together. I simply adore her and love that we live close enough to meet again . . . hopefully soon.


A blog makeover

A blog makeover is in the works. The process will most likely move at a slow pace but I've decided to be okay with this. I would love your thoughts on a new tag line I'm considering: Scattering seeds of His love

Yes/No? I've received a couple yeses so far but I would love to hear your thoughts.

Memorial Day Weekend

I plan to post on Monday as there is a message on my heart to share but I am praying for the right words to come. Until then, may we all stop this weekend to remember and honor the brave heroes who laid down their lives for you and me.



9 comments :

  1. Good morning, lovely friend. That glorious image at the top of your post just about matches what I'm spying out my own windows this morning. I've gotta get outside!

    And thanks for mentioning A Blogger's Prayer. What a treat, what an honor! May Jesus Christ be praised ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tagline! And can't wait to see your blog redesign. Blessings for your Memorial Day weekend. I'm headed further up the mountain with a couple of girlfriends and am so excited for a weekend off. After I get back, we will be making plans for our get together, as I want both of us to be able to post a picture together! :-) Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am new around here but wanted you to know that really enjoy my time here. Hope you have a blessed Memorial weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your new site! Always love the randomness posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're loving Chasing God. Hope you have a fabulous weekend. Love you, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing your new blog design! And I love the tagline. Fits you perfectly. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - love that quote from Chasing God, by Angie Smith. I see a new book in my future, lol!

    Ephesians 3:17-19 is my prayer for you, sweet Beth. You're in my heart, and you and your husband will be in my prayers tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This.

    "Stop chasing the song, child, and let Me
    teach you to sing." ~ Angie Smith, Chasing God"

    Wow!

    And I like the new tagline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes on that tag line! Live it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.