Friday, July 19, 2019

TGIF | Celebrate


Friends, I want to first tell you that it has been a week of victories. Praise God! Last week was hard! It had been three months since I have cried like I did last Thursday during my session with Rachel, my therapist. The emotions, anxiety and negative thoughts were high. Oh so high!!

I see more clearly the impact lack of sleep has on my mood and thoughts. Last week was an awful week of not sleeping well. Poor sleep falls more on the common side for me but it's an issue we (my psychologist and I) are trying to address.

This week I have slept much better. Praise God!
I have felt much better. Praise God!
I have pushed through negative thoughts quicker. Praise God!
I have shown up and been vulnerable more often. Praise God!
And...

TGIF: Trust, Gratitude, Inspiration and Fun Friday

TRUST

I fear crossing the too much information line here. As Brené Brown writes in her book Daring Greatly, “Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path.”

But as Brené also writes, we can also “share too much information as a way to protect us from vulnerability.” I am processing this thought and see some truth as I realize all I have written so far is an attempt to protect myself in being vulnerable with you.

What I fear most is how what I want to share with you will be perceived. Too much information? Shameful? And maybe someone will perceive it that way. Yet here is what I am trusting...

The real victory I desire to share with you is worthy of celebrating -- not shameful.The eating disorder I have had a relationship with for over 20 years is not shameful. It's only a relationship that needs to end.

My Victory:
the follow up to And...” I have not purged in six weeks. Praise God! 

This is huge for me and I would really, really, really, appreciate if you would celebrate with me.

Have I gone this long before? Yes. Why do I so badly want to celebrate this time? Healing is a journey, a messy journey. It often involves steps forward, steps backwards, and steps forward again. But the real reason I ask you to celebrate with me is because something is different this time. I can't explain it (other than to point to God)--I simply feel it. I am truly on a journey of healing. I need to celebrate the progress.


God is moving in miraculous ways. Praise God!

GRATITUDE

I am grateful for my husband. Sure I told you this in a previous post but the gratitude overflows. The ways he shows up for me and loves me...I am blessed, and grateful.

Today I celebrate Scott. I celebrate the ways he loves and supports me through the good and the bad (just as we vowed to do). I celebrate how God has shown up in our lives and our marriage to transform us to the people and couple we are today. It is only by the grace of God we celebrate 29 years of marriage in October. Only God! But God!!! Friends, our God can and will do more than you can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20).


INSPIRATION

Are you familiar with Java with Juli or Juli Slattery? I have listened to many of her podcasts. However, the past few months I have been on a Brené Brown and Priscilla Shirer kick so it's been a while since I have tuned in. When I looked at her recent podcast titles, one came up with the title, “Winning the Battle in Your Mind.

Well yes, the title resonated just a little. 

I could attempt to summarize the podcast but instead I prefer to simply encourage you to give up the 45.48 minutes of your time to listen in as Juli talks with Kelly Balarie. Listen here.

God continually uses others to inspire me to go deeper in my relationship with Him and to make the choice to truly, truly take Him at His word - I am beautiful, victorious, enough, created, strong, amazing, capable, chosen, never alone and always loved. 

And I am inspired to purchase Kelly's book Battle Ready.

And I am celebrating a week of progress in winning the battle in my own mind!



FUN

While this celebration happened a few weeks ago, I now have pictures from Emily's first birthday party (thanks to my lovely sister) so I am sharing with you the fun of celebrating this sweet little girl who is growing up so quickly.







What are you trusting, grateful for, inspired by, and doing for fun? Join Brené here in sharing your TGIF every Friday, or share with me below. I love hearing from you.

Note: Early images are from Unsplash



12 comments :

  1. Hi, Beth! I met you over at Linda's today, and am so glad I did. Would love to add you to my list of blogs that I follow, but didn't see how to subscribe. Can you help? Thanks so much, and God bless!
    Oh, you can visit me at https://marthaorlando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Martha! Thank you so much for coming by for a visit. Are you wanting to receive post via email? If so, go here: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=SimplyBeth&loc=en_US
      or try this
      http://feeds.feedburner.com/SimplyBeth

      There is a contact me section at the top of blog page to follow in different ways.

      Thank you! And God Bless.

      Going over to visit you!

      SimplyBeth

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info, Beth, and thanks for visiting my blog! Blessings!

      Delete
  2. Oh Beth, I am celebrating with you my friend. Keep taking those hard steps forward. Your victory is on the horizon. Will continue to keep you in my prayers. PS - aren't grandbabies wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbie. I so appreciate the ways you have been cheering me on. Love you!!! And yes, grandbabies are the bestest!! <3
      SimplyBeth

      Delete
  3. My sweet friend, i am doing cartwheels and a happy dance for you! So very proud of the incredibly hard work you have done to get to this point! Rejoicing in the faithfulness of our God! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to celebrate, to be thankful for, to look forward to!

    Yes, please ...

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for your hard work and success! And little Emily is the cutest thing! Happy Birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth, I'm visiting from Linda's. It's lovely to "meet" you and I'm celebrating with you! Emily is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Beth! Thanks for sharing this slice of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth,
    It's SO good to see you writing again. I've been meaning to stop by sooner...better late than never?? Praise for the victories that you are achieving in God's awesome power. Your life - your marriage, your eating disorder, all point to God's work in your life. You are giving Him the glory! We ALL have battles in our minds. Mine is a battle with OCD and depression and boy is the enemy crafty. He knows all the buttons to push. Lifting you in prayer, right now, sweet sister!! Keep putting one victorious step in front of the other. Thanks for daring to be vulnerable...
    Love and ((hugs)),
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.