Saturday, December 29, 2012

Twenty Seconds of Courage

If you were sitting with me enjoying this bowl of popcorn I'm taking a few moments to snack on, I'd want to share with you, "sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage, and I promise something good will come out of it."



I'd tell you how I believe we are all longing for something but we are too scared to just go for it...take that leap. With anticipation in hearing your reply, I'd ask you, "if you had twenty seconds of insane courage what would you do with those twenty seconds?"

Are you needing those twenty seconds of insane courage to tell someone how you feel? Could it be you want those twenty seconds to jump in to the deep end of the ocean?

Whatever your longing for...do you know that having those twenty seconds of insane courage are available to you every moment of your life? How do you get that courage?

Oh my dear friend, all you need is a little faith.

"I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

I had the opportunity to witness what twenty seconds of insane courage looks like over and over again within just an hour.

Does it not take courage to stand up in front of a group of people and share how God has touched your life? I could feel my own heart racing for each person as they stood and reached for the microphone. As they began to speak the words they so desperately wanted to share, I could hear the fear in their voice being replaced with a courage that can only come from God. He was surely present in that place.

There isn't a day where I'm not in need of courage to do what feels impossible. When I try to rely on my own strength I'm disappointed when courage doesn't show up. But, when I turn to God for strength, He shows up every time and joy is always found.

“You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” - Psalm 16:11

Are you in need of twenty seconds of insane courage? I pray that God speaks to your heart and you allow yourself to take his hand as he gives you the courage you are longing for.

Friends...I promise something good will come out of that courage.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.