Monday, February 4, 2013

Our God is Able

The book My One Word says, "Remember, you may be the only Bible that others read." They had this posted on their Facebook page recently and added to those words, "Share your WORD, share your story, shine His light."

I'd like to share with you what God is doing with my word, EMBRACE, and I truly hope what I share shines His light.




When recently spending time with a new Bible discipleship group, discussion started on God's calling for each of us. The woman hosting the group shared how our calling isn't only about where God is leading us, but who He has called us to be right now.

So I find myself asking Him, "Who are you calling me to be today?" God responds saying,
"Embrace who you are as a wife.
Embrace who you are as a mother.
Embrace who you are as a daughter.
Embrace who you are as a sister.
Embrace who you are as a friend."

He remind me that the lies that have filled my head telling me I'm not a good enough wife, mother, daughter, sister or friend are not His truth. When I've been weak in these areas, my approach has been to turn my back on those I love. God whispers, "Embrace My love for you. Let My truth fill you. When you feel weak, let Me be your strength."

The words from my Executive Pastor are still prominently on my mind, "Embrace ALL scripture."

"For you are a people holy to the LORD your God. The LORD your God has chosen you out of all the peoples on the face of the earth to be his people, his treasured possession." - Deuteronomy 7:6

He has chosen me out of all the people on this earth as His treasured possession to be a wife to my husband, mother to two amazing young men, daughter to two loving parents, sister to four brother and five sisters, and a friend to many. 

Oh how I want to embrace who God created me to be in all these areas of my life.

My story has been that of a broken girl who for most of her life has believed she was not good enough. I now humbly admit I need God's help. I need God's loving embrace.

These next eight weeks our church is doing a study on Life's Healing Choices. The study will focus on The Beatitudes. I loved the piece of scripture our Pastor shared with us in his first sermon of this series, "We saw how powerless we were to help ourselves; but that was good, for then we put everything into the hands of God, who alone could save us, for he can even raise the deat." 2 Corinthians 1:9 (LB)

I am powerless. I'm putting everything into the hands of God. "God, heal me. Lead me to a life of peace, love and happiness."

Through these eight weeks I will continue to share how God is using my word to heal and transform me. I will step out of my comfort zone and share from the deeper places of my heart. Every word I share will reflect how true healing can only be found by giving God our everything.

God is giving me a new story: a story of being His treasured possession.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

If you feel weak today, know that God will meet you there. As HILLSONG UNITED sings in their song, "God is Able"...

"God Is Able
He Will Never Fail
He Is Almighty God

Greater Than All We Seek
Greater Than All We Ask
He Has Done Great Things"

My dear friends, embrace these words from John 7:38, "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”

He will do great and glorious things beyond anything you can image!











1 comment :

  1. It's clear you have such a heart to reach others and a heart for God. How amazing and beautiful to watch what is happening in your life!
    Karen C.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.