Saturday, January 5, 2013

12 books that changed me in 2012

Last year was a year of reading for me.  I must admit I haven't always been a devoted reader, but after accidentally putting my son's iPod through the washer and then willingly giving up mine, my work out entertainment changed.  Instead of listening to music, I took up reading.  Washing that iPod turned out to be a blessing!




Author Alene Snodgrass writes in her post when sharing the 10 books that changed her, "Simply said, what you put in to your mind is crucial to who you will become!"

I couldn't agree more.

The books I'm going to share with you did change me.  I attribute most of my spiritual growth to these books.  To the authors of these books I owe my sincerest gratitude.

Here is my list from 2012, in no particular order:

1) Living on the Edge by Chip Ingram (this my friends is what lead me to surrendering my life to Christ)

2) A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

3) You're Already Amazing by Holley Gerth

4) A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson

5) Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst

6) Wrecked by Jeff Goins (beware...this book will wreck you)

7) Kingdom Journeys by Seth Barnes (you can currently get on your Kindle for $2.99)

8) Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs (every married couple should read this book)

9) Graffiti by Alene Snodgrass (also currently on your Kindle for $2.99)

10) More Than Ordinary by Doug Sherman

11) What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa Terkeurst

And, last but certainly not least...the Bible.  I never thought I would be able to say this, but during 2012 I read the entire New Testament for the first time. If you want to read a book that will change your life, this is the one!  Simply pick it up and read.  If you're unsure where to begin, start with the Gospels and let God lead you from there.

Do you have any favorites? I'd love for you to share so I can add to my wish list.

Books I've started with for 2013...

1) Get One Word by Dan Britton, Jimmy Page and Jon Gordon

2) My One Word by Mike Ashcraft and Rachel Olsen

If I haven't convinced you to join in on the One Word movement, these books will!  If you've picked a word for 2013...please do share!  My One Word is EMBRACE!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.