Monday, January 14, 2013

Giving Thanks

This post was sitting with my draft posts and as I read it again, I decided why let it continue to sit there even though I was unable to share on Thanksgiving day. :)

****

It's Thanksgiving morning. A beautiful and sunny morning here in Washington, DC.

I find myself struggling to find the words to share how I'm feeling at the moment. The two words that jump out at me are Perfect Peace.

I know our children are meant to grow up and start their own lives, but when our older son isn't home it always feels as though I'm not complete. To all be together again...Perfect Peace resides in my heart. I get a glimpse of why my own parents have the biggest smiles on their faces when all ten of their children are under the same roof.

As author Jeff Goins writes in his post today, "You can’t have thanks; you can only give it.Read his post here.

"In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18


I give thanks for a God who loves me unconditionally.

I give thanks for an amazing husband who every day brings a smile to my face.

I give thanks for being blessed with two boys that have grown in to such loving and caring individuals.

I give thanks for how God is working in each and every one of us...even those that don't believe. 
I can see God quietly speaking to their hearts.

I give thanks for togetherness. I will treasure this time my family is together.

I give thanks to the men and women who have served and currently serve our great country. 
You are our heroes. 

 I give thanks to the families of our heroes. The sacrifices you make will not be forgotten.

I give thanks for all of you who join me here. 
My hope is always that you find God's love for you when you stop by.


While Thanksgiving is now over, lets not wait until the next Thanksgiving to give thanks. I would love for you to share what you are thankful for today. Pretty please!


2 comments :

  1. Hi Beth!
    I am thankful for Godly friends who forgive us when we say or do dumb things, who provide good role models and examples of people who are "all in" for Christ. I give thanks for your friendship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very thankful for you Beth! And thank you so much for sharing...you are one of those good role for me...more than you know!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.