Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Be a Carrier of Gratitude

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~ Psalm 118:24




I recently shared a post on giving thanks. While the post was written on Thanksgiving Day, I didn't have the opportunity to share until recently. At first I wasn't sure if sharing it made sense, but I felt God prompting me to press that overly intimidating "Publish" button. And ever since pressing that button, He seems to be amazingly guiding me to others who are sharing their heart on giving thanks.

The word coincidence keeps popping into my head; however, I don't believe what appears to be coincidences are coincidences at all.  Oh how I believe it's God doing what He does best...giving us little nuggets of His grace just when we need it most.

What little nuggets has He been giving me? His little nuggets seem to be overflowing lately, but when something is placed in front of me over and over again, He really catches my attention. And, it appears He wants to catch my attention on this matter of giving thanks.

The title of a post by Sharon Jaynes caught my attention, "Ingratitude is Contagious...Don't Be a Carrier." Read post here. I wouldn't classify myself as a carrier of ingratitude, but it reminds me of how our attitudes can greatly impact those we spend our time with.

Is it a coincidence or a little nugget from God that my boss handed to me a book by Jon Gordon called, The No Complaining Rule?  I laugh, as you could be saying to yourself that maybe my boss is trying to tell me to stop complaining.  Could be, but I really don't believe that. Honestly, he had two books and this is the one God prompted me to take.

On the front of this book it reads, "Positive Ways to Deal with Negativity at Work." While I haven't even read the first page, I sense God may be leading me to a new discovery of the purpose He has in store for me at my office. BE A CARRIER OF GRATITUDE.

Is it a coincidence that I'm reading from the Book of Habakkuk (which by the way means Embrace) and it speaks to the very point of remaining grateful in all circumstances? "Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior." ~ Habakkuk 3:17-18

In Joyce Meyer's Amplified Bible, she shares on this Book by saying let's declare, "God has given me this day. And He has decided to let me breathe another day, then I'm going to enjoy it."

When I continued my reading of Mary DeMuth's book, Everything, can you believe the chapter I was reading spoke to the very same piece of scripture from Habakkuk that I shared above? Coincidence? Oh how I know God is giving me nuggets of His amazing grace. And a message that is becoming clearer and clearer: BE A CARRIER OF GRATITUDE.

We have so many reasons to be grateful. Look around you...can you not find one reason? Look up my dear friends...as Matt Redman sings, I'm confident you will find 10,000 reasons.

"You're rich in love and You're slow to anger
Your name is great and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
10,000 reasons for my heart to find
Bless the Lord O my soul
O my soul
Worship his holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name"
Matt Redman, 10,000 Reasons

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" ~ Philippians 4:4

In the post by Sharon Jaynes that I shared earlier, she writes, "I am reminded of an old saying that stirs and stings: 'Gratitude turns what we have into enough'." She is right. That saying does stir and sting. Complaining leads to wanting more, but gratitude expresses that our God is enough. For all His goodness, I will keep on singing.

I declare our God is enough. I will be grateful for this day and rejoice. I will say it again: Rejoice!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.