Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Joyous Noise

I believe there is power in sharing our stories. Not only will we find peace in discovering we are not alone, but you never know whose life your story will touch in a significant way. As I wrote in my post, Lovely Blogs I Follow, "Your story may provide the encouragement someone so desperately needs."

So I'm dreaming big and continuing to step out of my comfort zone as a writer. I'm actually calling myself a writer which is quite the giant step for me.

I sense that many writers share a similar passion of simply needing to break through both the noise and the silence. The noise of the world and our mind can leave us utterly exhausted. It silences our hearts, as trying to add to it all seems pointless. We live in a culture that says, "Get over it." So we get over it by remaining silent.

Then something changed...

Turn your ear
To Heaven and hear
The noise inside
The sound of angels' awe
The sound of angels' songs
And all this for a King
We could join and sing
'All to Christ our King!'
-O Praise Him (All This for A King), by David Crowder Band




I listen to the words of this song by David Crowder Band play on the radio and discover those of us writing to glorify God are doing so because there was a day when we turned our ear to heaven and instead of the noise of the world we heard the sound of angels. Our life changed. We were made new.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17

The old me would have never called myself a writer, but God had a different plan. He gently led me to find healing by writing. It can be hard to put my thoughts into written form, but even harder for me to express them out loud. A good portion of my adult life was spent silencing my thoughts and avoiding any sense of community. Living this way was dark and oh so lonely. This is never where God wants us to be.

When I took that first step across the line I had drawn between myself and everyone else and surrendered to God, a new life was found. "When you give up everything to God's control, God takes what you give Him, He cleans it up, and He turns it around. He adds new meaning , new purpose, new significance and new vitality to your life, and He gives it back to you in a whole new way." - Life's Healing Choices, by John Baker.

He gave back to me in a way I would have never imagined.

God led me to this world of writers...this blogging community. And here I've found so many that are daring to no longer remain silent. Not only are they sharing their hearts, but they have hearts for encouraging others. There is such beauty in every word written. We find freedom in writing and sharing our deepest thoughts. We embrace the concept that words matter; our words matter. Our words matter because we are glorifying God. Together we join and sing a joyous noise!

God has asked me to write. With complete trust in Him I will keep on writing. Because whatever God asks us to do, He will keep on helping us to grow until his task within us is finally finished on the day when Jesus Christ returns. (Philippians 1:6)

Friends, it begins with looking up. Look up and hear the sound of angels. Let God have a presence in your life. All you need is a little faith. "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed...nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20

"O Praise Him. He is Holy"


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.