Monday, December 31, 2012

Have a Little Faith

In December 2011 I shared a post on my previous blog titled, "Have a Little Faith." Much of what I wrote at that time still rings true to me as 2012 comes to an end.  I considered simply re-posting what I wrote last year, but then decided that would be taking the easy way out. However, there are parts that I do consider as worthwhile to share again.

Such as the words shared by Hilary Swank in the movie New Year's Eve as New Yorkers anxiously waited for the ball to drop...

"It's suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the new year, to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by. To remember both our triumphs and our missteps, our promises made and broken. The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures or closed ourselves down for fear of getting hurt cause that is what new years is all about- getting another chance. A chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more. And stop worrying about what if and start embracing what would be. So when that ball drops at midnight and it will drop, let's remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other. And not just tonight but all year long."
My favorite part..."to love more." Oh my friends, let's love more and more! Not just tonight, but always.

The New Year brings about reflection, but also an inspiration to take a new leap. I've never been a fan of resolutions, but I do believe the New Year is a time to allow yourself to dream...to have faith to move beyond what may seem comfortable...to take a leap of faith.


Last year I shared how my one request from our boys for the holidays was that we all attend church together. I simply wanted to share our faith with them. And, I silently prayed for them to have a little faith.  And, I will keep saying this prayer as I so desperately hope for my boys to have faith in Him because I don't want them to miss out on all He wants to give them.

I'm a huge fan of author Jon Gordon and love what he shared back in 2011 in his post, "No Fear in the New Year 2012." He suggests we jump in the ocean, take a "leap of faith."

"As I write this I am preparing to jump into the ocean once again on New Year’s Day. It has become my yearly ritual – to remind myself to follow my passion, live life to the fullest, surrender and to stay one step ahead of the fear that hovers around me. And as I take my leap into the ocean I want to invite you to jump in with me. Perhaps not in the ocean but in the depths of your mind. This jump doesn’t necessarily require water but rather a leap of faith in your belief system and a shift in your mindset. The antidote to fear is trust and it is only a thought away." http://www.jongordon.com/blog/2011/12/27/no-fear-in-the-new-year-2012/
Instead of New Year's resolutions, what if we took a leap of faith? What if we joined the growing movement to choose One Word to live and breathe in 2013 instead of making a resolution? What would your word be? Faith, Leap, Trust, Surrender, Belief, Love? Take some quiet time and let God reveal your word to you.

Most of us who make resolutions find ourselves failing by the end of January. Choosing One Word will give you a renewed purpose and meaning. Take that leap of faith and believe that One Word can transform your life. "Words are powerful.  They have the power to inspire, encourage, appreciate, heal, and turn the impossible into possible." - Jon Gordon 

Choosing One Word will transform your life.

I know I've shared already, but I will share again, my One Word is EMBRACE! Oh how I plan to allow this word to sink into the depths of my mind this coming year.

May the New Year bring you endless Joy and perfect Peace! God Bless.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.