Sunday, October 20, 2013

For your Sunday


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a

Today my husband and I celebrate 23 years together. On the day of our wedding my father stood and shared the words from 1 Corinthians 13. At that time, we were not Christ followers and those words were just words to us. Twice our marriage came close to ending, "but God" three years ago found His way in to our hearts.

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." ~ 1 Corinthians 13:13 

No matter what we may endure together we know God is able to do immeasurably more than we can imagine because of His power at work within us (Ephesians 3:20).

Happy Anniversary, Dear. I love you with all my heart.

8 comments :

  1. Love. Never. Fails.

    AMEN!

    Happy anniversary to you both... May God bless you in His unfailing Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you both found Christ and are witnesses to other couples! When I got married, I was falling away from my faith and scripture sounded hollow to me. Oh, how much the Lord has changed me! I'm sure that my husband appreciates the changes now too :) Happy Anniversary and may the Lord keep your husband safe and may He keep your heart comforted. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary Beth! Your picture is absolutely lovely ... His love endures and these is plenty of it - for good times as well as for bad times! May His blessing carry your marriage and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Beth! Happy, happy anniversary to you, my friend! I wish you many, many more anniversaries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful for the work that God has done in both of you. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth, Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! What a living testimony of God's faithfulness your marriage has been! Love you girl!
    ((hugs)),
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth! So happy I stopped by to wish you a Happy Anniversary! Love the photo too...does it seem like yesterday, or a lifetime ago? May God continue to bless you and your family with his love and protection.
    Peace,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.