Friday, August 29, 2014

Scattering of Love :: Batch 3


I do strive to limit this post to five links but goodness abounds. And goodness needs to be shared. Be blessed, my friends.

LOVE FOUND IN THE BLOGOSPHERE

1) Billy Graham's Wife's Secret to a Happy Marriage, by LeeAnn G. Taylor of Embracing the Mosaic Life

"A happy marriage is the union of two great forgivers." - Ruth Bell Graham // LeeAnn's post reflects on this quote beautifully.

2) Tell them about the love that doesn't show up in movies and love songs, by Sarah Bessey

"We’re still choosing each other, over and over and over again, this is what we want, this is what I want, this is what we want, you are who I want, still, then, always." // Oh my. Beautiful. Plan for tears.

3) The Truth About Social Media–And How It’s Wrecking Us, by Emily T. Wierenga

"We are free, friends. You, sister, are free, from what Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest tells you. We no longer need to live according to the culture around us. And it’s when culture begins to wrap its tentacles around us that we forget whose we are—Christ’s, set free by his extravagant love to do one thing: love others."

4) 7 Way You Can Love an Introvert, by Holley Gerth

"Recognize the strengths in the introverts in your life. Thank them for listening. Encourage their creativity. Remind them having a soft heart in a hard world is courage not weakness. In other words, support who God created us to be. We deeply love you and we truly need you to love us just as we are too." // Let's just say Holley nails it in this post. Thank you, Holley, from this introvert.


LOVE FOUND IN COMPASSION {video found at Compassion Family}

Our first letter to the child we now sponsor has been mailed.


LOVE FOUND IN A BOOK

My sweet and adorable friend Amy Sullivan wrote a book. It releases September 22nd.

"When More is Not Enough celebrates the idea of more: more prayers cried out, more time spent together, more use of our talents, more interest in strangers, more forgiveness of hurt, more of what Jesus taught us each day of his life."


Amy will share more with us on her book in October. However, don't wait until then to pre-order your copy here.

LOVE FOUND IN DREAMING

If by chance you do not follow me on Instagram I had to share this photo with you. I cannot wait to replace these guys with the real thing. #homecomingsoon #dreaming


LOVE FOUND IN MY JOB

Before my husband returns home I must take a business trip to Hawaii. Yes, I must. It will be hard but I'm up for the challenge. A long-time friend decided to join me too. It took much convincing. He-he. You can expect to see pictures shared here and here.

The view from my hotel. I had to go last year for a site visit. And they are sending me again.

My first draft of this post had a wonderful ending. When I opened up the file again it had mysteriously disappeared. Most of what I had written disappeared. Don't you hate when that happens? Oh well. All is well.

If you skipped a few links along the way, carry on with being blessed.. The last two photos were just for fun!

****

A SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST

A dear writing friend will have open heart surgery today at Noon. Please join me in praying for her and also her family. Thank you.

The Night Before Open-Heart Surgery, by Rebekah Hughes of A Soft Gentle Voice

  Share |

11 comments :

  1. I will be back to check out more of your inspiring links! But I'm glad I was here this morning, I had not yet heard about our friend. (I'm hopeless when it comes to FB. If the world ended and they announced in on FB, I'd miss it.) Covering her in prayer today. And praying for you, too, sweet, Beth as you travel. Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankful and grateful for the way you reach out and create such community in the internet world. Thanks so much, for the shoutout, and the love which radiates from your space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And of course, I will pray for Rebekah. It's almost noon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,
    I loved Holley's post too...and thanks for the other worthwhile sites out there. Have a wonderful time in Hawaii...tough gig, but somebody's got to do it :). Counting down the days with you!!
    Love and ((hugs)),
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beth. What an amazing post of encouragement and realness. Thanks for sharing. I have had my writing disappear. I thought it was so "spot on" but in the end I found the rewrite far superior than what was lost. Don't sweat it. You got the message in your heart so spread the good news. I am richer for knowing you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tips for loving an introvert! Sometimes we think that other people need what WE need...but we should look at their personalities and show our love in ways that they will truly appreciate and understand.

    So sorry (LOL) that you have this trying trip ahead of you. But, I know you'll do the best you can and get through it SOMEHOW! Can't wait for the pics!

    Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of scattering love. What a blessing to read and be encouraged! Stopping by from Saturday Recommendation. Have a blessed trip and weekend Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scatters of love. I bookmark the ones I can't get to right away to go back to. Praying hard for Rebekah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth! How is your friend doing after her surgery?

    Have fun (I mean, work hard) in Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - some wonderful links here. I have read a few but am anxious to check out the rest. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.