Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday Randomness (Vol. 10)



Scripture speaking to my heart

"As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it." ~ Genesis 9:7

I'm reflecting on and studying the words "be fruitful and multiply."

JOY-filled scripture

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls." ~ 1 Peter 1:8-9

What am I reading

"What if these little acts of obedience were a small part of a matrix of dominoes unfolding the glory of God...

...what if I laid down my life, my domino, and through that unleashed an army of others who laid down and unleashed their obedience, and through this matrix, God's glory was displayed through the laying down of lives in the midst of a generation?

We are all dominoes in this . . . we all have our place in this.

I beg you—all of us—to fall. Fall into obedience that will shape the glory of God in our generation.

Besides, I have this feeling these things God has for us may be the best things in life. I don't want to miss them."

~ Anything, by Jennie Allen (Chapter 12)

I'm still slow to finish a book these days but Jennie's book speaks to my heart in so many ways. I recently wrote on how she has me seeking to make heaven and God and forever my new normal.

#RiskRejection

I read the above words from Jennie and then made my way over to a group of ladies who are stepping out of their comfort zones to take risks and embrace rejection. They are laying down their dominoes and "unfolding the glory of God." My friend Amy Sullivan has started something pretty amazing over at her place. Be sure to check her out.

Featured #ThreeWordWednesday writer

I love the Three Word Wednesday family of writers so I've decided to feature a writer every week. Since I will randomly choose a writer to feature, it seemed appropriate to include in my Friday Randomness post. (Note: randomness also means I can randomly skip a week if need be. I'm giving myself grace.)

Deciding who to feature first was easy. I'm featuring the first person to recommend I start the #ThreeWordWednesday link up. She's been mentioned here many times so I'm pretty sure most of you already know her. If for some crazy reason you do not....

Come meet Barbie of My Freshly Brewed Life

A couple months ago Barbie guest posted for #ThreeWordWednesday. You can read her post here.

I'm not good with introductions but I can tell you Barbie has been an inspiration to me in my walk with Christ. She has become a dear friend and someone I know I can turn to for godly wisdom. I love her and pray for the day to come when I can finally share a cup of coffee with her in real life.

When I asked Barbie what she enjoyed most about #ThreeWordWednesday she replied, "I love the community that is being formed and I love the challenge of creating a title." Me too!

Link up

My list of who to link up with keeps getting longer. To share the love, so you can link up too, I will highlight a link up each week (for the next couple of weeks). The great thing about linking up—the community you become a part of.

The definition of link up: be or become joined or united or linked

Be united. Link up.

Are you looking to begin your week with some inspiration? Who isn't? Check out Inspire Me Monday hosted by one of my local blogging friends, who I'm anxious to meet, Angie Rye.


Favorite new site to visit

You must visit the new website outside the city gate. Their latest post, to run like Grace, oh me oh my. Let's go after grace "with wild abandon and boundless energy." Amen!

Favorite new song

Oh my goodness. Love, love, love the song "All The People Said Amen" by Matt Maher.


I'm going to Compel

Are you? Find out more here. I have more to say about this conference so tune in next week for #ThreeWordWednesday.

Writing tips

Denise Hughes has been posting on her Facebook timeline some helpful writing tips. I recently asked her if they would be compiled somewhere to use as a resource. Guess what? She has a new e-book releasing on January 20th called "Passport to Prose" and it will include all her great writing tips and other editing advice for bloggers. If you subscribe to her blog here you can get for FREE. Click here for a sample of her writing tips.

I'm finding JOY in a deployment #JoyDare #1000gifts

#7 ~ Being told, "You are a treasure."

#8 ~ The sound of my son playing his classical guitar.

#9 ~ God revealing a God-sized Dream to me.

#10 ~ Receiving in the mail from a #milspouse friend a new plaque with the words "I love my Soldier" on it.

#11 ~ A sign, that happens to be blue, from another #milspouse friend that says "I pledge allegiance to the flag and my heart to the soldier who defends it."

#12 ~ A new Pandora bracelet and the many charms received from my children.

#13 ~ The Bible... I'm starting from the beginning... "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth..." ~ Genesis 1:1

#14 ~ Making new friendships. They are such a JOY.

#15 ~ Watching people help people by lending a hand to shovel them out of snow.

#16 ~ My journals in my purse. I love taking them with me everywhere.

#17 ~ The coffee grounds in my fridge. I can't begin my morning without them.

#18 ~ My husband . He always in my heart.

#19 ~ A home cooked dinner made by my youngest son.

#20 ~ An email from my husband that ends with the words "Still loving you."

#21 ~ A Skype date with my Navy son before he heads out to sea.

37 comments :

  1. Good morning, Beth,

    This is such a great idea for a blog post. "Random," and yet not -- because it all works together (or rather, "links up"!) into a meaningful whole. I'm reminded of a scene from _The Shack_, when the main character looks around the garden and sees nothing but a mess: God sees, instead, a beautiful pattern of infinite complexity.

    Thank you for sharing your JOY verse, which really speaks to me today. And Genesis: isn't it endlessly fascinating?! From the wonderous histories of creation to the generation of all mankind and God's plan of redemption set in motion from the very beginning... This one particular book of the Bible has helped anchor my faith in so many ways. May it ignite your spirit at the "genesis" of your read-through this year.

    God bless you,
    HBHW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm slow to respond to comments (oh so sorry) but yours really did make me smile. I loved the book The Shack...one I've been meaning to read again. And, yes, I'm so loving Genesis. Thank you so much for your kind and loving comment. It touched my heart.
      Blessings,
      Beth

      Delete
  2. What a week, Beth! Thanks for all the goodies you've given us to savor ...

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! Is it Friday already? I don't know where this week went. I love that your son cooked dinner for you - what a huge joy is that? Thanks again for the great places to explore that you've linked here! Have a joy-filled weekend!!

    blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. The weeks fly by. Hopefully they will fly right on by to October. :) My son is awesome...has been cooking every night.
      Much love,
      Beth

      Delete
  4. Awesome as always, Beth! And that whole Matt Maher album is soooo awesome. I listen to it all the time. In a bit I hope to blog about one of the songs on it that I will be singing tomorrow for a funeral. Not a happy post- but not a downer either. I hope. Love you and your joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was praying for you, Lauren. I loved your heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing with us. Now I'm hoping I might be able to meet you in a little over a week. :)
      Love you,
      Beth

      Delete
  5. Love your Randomness... and boy am I glad it is Friday. Looking forward to seeing your new page... I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I'm excited about this new page. I think you will like it. Now I need to follow up with my blog designer to see where we stand.
      Blessings,
      Beth

      Delete
  6. Thank you my friend! I just love your randomness and enjoy browsing around. Can't wait to see what your new page is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff. I love your thankful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great 'Random' post! Looking forward to seeing what's new!! Joyful Friday evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beth,
    Looking forward, with anticipation, to your new page! I've enjoyed getting to know some of your readers at my blog...You embody the word "Community"!!
    Love and ((hugs)),
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to my new page also. I hope it works out the way I imagine in my head. :)
      Thanks for your comment love. SUPER, SUPER excited for you friend.
      Love and ((hugs)),
      Beth

      Delete
  10. Wow, this is full of great stuff! I love the domino analogy! And I can't wait to check out some links you shared.

    I am thankful for all of the sweet bloggers in the blogging community!

    Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...the domino analogy just jumped out at me when I read. So loving Jennie Allen's book.
      Much love,
      Beth

      Delete
  11. Hi, Beth! I'm so glad you visited me at Doorkeeper & reminded me to soak in some inspiration at your blog. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post each week! Always learn something new, always smile, always leave feeling a little lighter! Thanks for linking up to Recommendation Saturday! Heart Hugs, Shelly <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you sweet friend. I love you!! You bless me so.
      {hugs},
      Beth

      Delete
  13. I love Friday randomness!

    Looking forward to seeing your new updated page soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many good things to be found here, I'm glad I stopped by! :) Oh how I love Jennie Allen, she has a way of writing that speaks right to your heart and it's usually so convicting. And I could play Matt Maher all day long, it doesn't matter what song! Looking forward to seeing your surprises next week, hope you had a restful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will need to move on from this book straight to Jennie's newest book. Just maybe I will giveaway a copy of Anything on Friday. We will see. :)

      Delete
  15. Love this does of random goodness Denise and I love the idea of giving ourselves grace. Sometimes we women can forget to give that precious gift to ourselves. Thanks for all the good recommendations. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Beth, wow, lots of inspiration here for me this morning. Lots for me to check out.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the links, Tracy. Thanks for stopping by.
      Blessings,
      Beth

      Delete
  17. Oh, I just loved all the things that you're thinking about! Even more reasons to visit your much-enjoyed blog! And yes, Barbie is a treasure!

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Sharon. Smiling big over here. Yes, that Barbie is a real treasure.
      Blessings,
      Beth

      Delete
  18. Hi Beth!
    I'm slowly working back through my Feedly and wanted to stop by. What a fun post! I used to do a "Friday Favorites" a while back. I'll definitely check in on Fridays to see what fun stuff you're up to! And I'll be back tomorrow to see sweet Barbie. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have you back, Susan! Praying you have quick recovery. :)

      Delete
  19. LOVE this bit of glorious randomness! And so honored to be a part of it! Thank you Friend! My favorite bit? The dinner made by your son! Oh, that makes this mama's heart melt!

    Thanks for linking up and I so look forward to our time together the first week in February (Uh, yes, I did just make up a date - and now we will have to do it then... ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.