Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Three Word Wednesday: Sweet B mug



My three words could easily be the same as last week for God has done so much more than I could have ever imagined and I am filled with JOY.

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." ~ Psalm 126:3

My now IN REAL LIFE friend Lauren of It's a Wilderness Out There...And in Here Too gave me a Sweet B mug. I'm not sure if the mug is really called a Sweet B mug or if that is only what she calls it. Does it really matter though? She gave one to me and I'm in love with my new mug.

She was super sweet as she handed me my gift all wrapped up in red tissue paper and then explained why it had been chosen for me.

"The world would look at my collection and see it as incomplete, but I know it's not. It's more complete than it was before, because it's being shared a state away. My adorable mug resides in a cupboard far away, holding a reminder of the love of Christ that binds together sisters from two different mothers."

Lauren writes more about it here.

My Sweet B mug is just about the nicest gift I've ever received.

Lauren handed me the gift as our time together came to an end. We had spent the afternoon driving from South Sioux City to Omaha. She had driven from the real Sioux City (I'm still not getting the whole real Sioux City thing) to South Sioux City to pick me up from the Compel Conference. From there she drove me to Omaha where I would catch a flight home the following morning. Oh, and she still had to drive back home to the real Sioux City. Did I mention she had three of her adorable children along for the ride?

Don't bother looking up the route on MapQuest. Let me assure you it equates to many hours of driving. Who does that for someone they have never met? Well, my friend Lauren does!

She recently read the book Love Does by Bob Goff. I discovered, through my friend Lauren, love does wonderful things like picking up an online friend you have not previously met to drive her to Omaha and then giving her one of your Sweet B mugs. Wow! Do I come even close to loving like that?

I can't lie; my time with Lauren was the highlight of my time in Nebraska (and a small portion of Iowa). She is rather remarkable and I can't wait for the day when I see her again.


The day and a half spent at Compel was also a delight. The lovely Deidra Riggs captured my heart as she spoke to a room full of women on daring to dream with words like,

"God empowers us to speak life and light into the chaos. That's what your dream is about."

"You are the only person that God sent to this world to live your life."

"It's not your dream; it's God's dream for your life."

God also spoke through six beautiful ladies on a Friday night as we gathered in a hotel room. Deidra tells of the evening far better than I ever could in her post God speaks Through The Real People In Your Life. My favorite moment at Compel was on that Friday night. There was also a late night trip to Walmart with two crazy sisters (they aren't really crazy) who had me giggling over their sisterly love.

And I once again come to this place of how there is truly so much more to this writing and sharing of my heart. The best way to share my JOY — keep counting my blessings:

#50 ~ Two amazing sisters (those two crazy sisters) who picked me up from the airport to bring me with them to Compel even though we've never met; a wonderful drive getting to know my two new friends.

#51 ~ Daring to dream... such inspiring words from the lovely Deidra Riggs.

#52 ~ God speaking through each women who gathered in a hotel room on a Friday night.

#53 ~ Even more inspiration on daring to dream.

#54 ~ Hugging IN REAL LIFE friends one last time before saying good-bye.

#55 ~ A special friend who spends hours in her car just to be with me because that is what love does.

#56 ~ My Sweet B mug from that special friend...she said giving to me makes her set more complete.

#57 ~ The sweet sound of my husband's voice; the best way to end my night.

#58 ~ An enjoyable fight home with the kind man who sat next to me as we shared our Christian faith.

#59 ~ The comfort and warmth of being in your own bed again.


"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." 
~ Psalm 37:4

46 comments :

  1. What a blessing to hear Deidra and to meet a blog friend in real life. That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is :-) But we need a do over... I did not really present my good side, instead I presented my freaked out side... we will have much more fun together at our do over. I know I will get one one way or another :-)

      Delete
    2. It was a blessing indeed, Elizabeth.

      Delete
  2. Your post brings me JOY, Beth. I am so happy for you to have this time filled with sweet fellowship and great teaching. God does bless us with unexpected joys in some of the most difficult times of our lives. Isn't it great when you get to meet someone IRL (in real life). I am so grateful for my two opportunities to make these new friends.
    Blessings Sweet B, Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you find YOU when you come here, Janis. God is SO good. YAY for meeting friends IRL.
      Blessings to you,
      Beth

      Delete
  3. I look forward to your link up and reading your insights and inspirations from week to week. Have a blessed rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. All of you who link up are such a blessing to me. :)

      Delete
  4. What an awesome and joyful opportunity of fellowship Beth! God gives us so many life experiences to offer praise and thankfulness; love your list of blessings! Counting with you! :)

    Love and JOY my friend!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and JOY to you, Denise. He gives us 10,000 reasons and more doesn't He? :)

      Delete
  5. Beth - So glad that God is providing such wonderful experiences for you at this time. May He continue to bless you & give you joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful way to begin my Wednesday:) Smiling like crazy! You were more than worth the drive and I was so blessed to meet you. I can't wait to do it again. I'm so glad you love your Sweet B mug:) I think of you every time I drink from mine! Blessings on your day. Can't wait to link up later! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm ready for another trip to the real Sioux City. Truly...was so blessed by our time together and have been smiling ever since. Love you.

      Delete
  7. What a sweet friendship! Such a beautiful gift of friendship. I can imagine how overwhelmed you felt—isn't that even a small taste as to how God loves his children. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebekah, what I did share in the post is how as soon as I got to my hotel room that night I broke down in tears because I was so overwhelmed by how God had blessed me that weekend. Oh How He loves us. It just takes my breath away.
      Much love to you,
      Beth

      Delete
  8. Lauren is a rock star! What a beautiful example of love and kindness. So glad you made it to your conference and that it blessed you!

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is a rock star! Thanks for stopping in, Christy.
      Blessings,
      Beth

      Delete
  9. I love how God worked out every detail for your trip, Beth ... and new friends? How cool is that!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is SO good! It is SUPER cool. :))
      Much love to you.

      Delete
  10. What a cute mug! Sweet B - Sweet Beth!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time away at the Compel conference and were able to meet friends "in real life"!! What an incredible blessing! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a super cute mug! Thanks, Joan. Praying for the day I can meet you and your husband. I really want to hug you both. :)

      Delete
  11. I love how those unexpected little gifts are the most treasured. I just received one myself this week, and on a day I really needed it. And I am so glad you had such a great time this past weekend - your joy fairly emanates from my computer screen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love how his timing is always perfect? Makes me smile to read of the gift you received. Blessings to you, Andrea. I'm so glad you are joining us for TWW.

      Delete
  12. Lauren sounds like a Yes girl.. I just read Love Does and decided to be a yes girl :-) Oh, your weekend sounds like such bliss. I missed out completely at the Jumping Tandem retreat cuz my mind was not really there... but I don't regret it, I've come a long way. I just want a do over with those ladies :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to read this book now too. I want to be a YES girl. :)
      Love you,
      Beth

      Delete
  13. This is proof that you do not have to know a person for a long time, or in person, to love them. Sometimes people do not understand how I can love people, and why my heart breaks for those I don't know, but love - like this - is a choice to look at them and love them deeply because it is what our Father teaches us. We love them because we need to and not because of what they say or do. Thank you for the reminder and the feel good story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Beatriz. Love what you shared. Super blessed by your comment. "We love them because we need to and not because of what they say or do." Amen.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Blessings,
      Beth

      Delete
  14. So many blessings and so fine to read this, Beth, for you have brought sunshine into my day. So glad you were able to go to the conference and be surrounded by sisters of loving.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always bring sunshine to my day, Linda.
      Much love to you,
      Beth

      Delete
  15. Love how God orchestrates such beautiful details. Thanks for telling us about them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So jealous that you got to hear Deidra in person! I'm glad that your weekend was so wonderful and that God provided exactly everything you needed. I'd say you were a little bit His favorite on those days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was AMAZING to hear Deidra speak. Even more amazing to be able to spend a Friday evening with her and the other fabulous ladies who joined us that evening.
      Much love to you friend.

      Delete
  17. Visiting here from Kristin's blog. I tried to join in on the linky party but don't think it worked this time. What a sweet thing you host here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry it did not work for you, Mindy. I hope you try again. I will be stopping over to say hello.

      Delete
  18. Hi Beth,

    So thankful that you had this joy, what lovely memories to rejoice in for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely memories indeed. So grateful for how He provides and give us just what we need.
      Love you,
      Beth

      Delete
  19. What a beautiful gift from the Lord. I love your "sweet B" mug! I would have loved to have heard Deidra speak! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was AMAZING! Praying for the day we meet in real life my friend.

      Delete
  20. I love stories of how online friends become IRL friends. It is such a blessing from God through technology!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I love that mug! And the thoughts and friendship behind it?! Even sweeter!

    Glad to hear that you enjoyed the Compel conference. Looking forward to any more posts about what you learned.

    Blessings to you, my JOY-full friend, and to the rest of your family.

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by far my favorite mug. :) You've been in my prayers, Sharon. {Hugs} to you.

      Delete
  22. WOW!! Sounds like God showed up Big Time! Sounds like you had an amazing time. I love hearing how online friends become inrl friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes He did! It was an amazing weekend. I hope one day we are able to meet in real life. :)
      Have a wonderful weekend, Alecia.

      Delete
  23. It's times like these that I wish I still lived in the Midwest. Maybe someday :-)

    Love this post and I am so thankful you had a rocking great time with rocking new friends. Have I mentioned I still want to meet you IRL someday?

    Much love to you, my friend. Oh and PS: Thanks for stopping by our #EverydayJesus link-up. I so, SO appreciate your participation and faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that verse from Psalms 126 -- we used it as the theme for our wedding and printed it on the wedding program.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.