Friday, April 19, 2013

Jump in the Ocean

I am joining Lisa-Jo Baker and others for Five Minute Friday. Lisa-Jo provides us with a word prompt and we are to write for five minutes with "no extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation."

Today's word: Jump




GO

This word "jump" made me think of an article written by author, Jon Gordon, called "No Fear in the New Year." In it Jon writes, "And as I take my leap into the ocean I want to invite you to jump in with me. Perhaps not in the ocean, but in the depths of your mind. This jump doesn't necessarily require water but rather a leap of faith in your belief system and a shift in your mindset. The antidote to fear is trust and it is only a thought away."

After the events that took place this past week in Boston, and as you continue to watch the events unfold on the news, I'm sure fear is lingering in the hearts of many. It's in moments like these when we hear others asking, "Where is God?"

We can question where God is, and maybe we need to be asking this question. But it isn't a matter of God not being present. I believe it's a matter of are we allowing God to be present in our hearts.

When I think of this word "jump" and I remember the words shared by Jon Gordon, I realize we need to lead more to the ocean and say, "Take a leap of faith and jump. Because really, what do you have to lose?" When we take that leap of faith and choose to jump, God will be found. He is surely present. The more we allow Him into our hearts, this evil that exists will begin to fade away.

God is found in the hearts of others. In Boston, God was present. He was present in the many who responded in those moments of evil and reached out and didn't let evil have the final say. He remains present in those who instead say, "we will overcome evil with good."

Jump into the ocean...take a leap of faith. God is only a thought away.

STOP


20 comments :

  1. Stopping by from 5MF, I love that you said that antidote to fear is trust. Last night in my bible study we were on the chapter about overcoming fear. So this was perfect. Thank you for sharing!!

    Blessings,
    Adrienne
    www.reina4jesus.blogspot.com
    www.crafteamom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adrienne. I'm glad you stopped by. Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from FMF. Your comment "but in the depths of your mind" resonates with me. We do need to know what we believe. Too often our response is what is "expected" or "dictated" by circumstance, rather then what we "profess" to believe. I agree with you that God was in Boston and that evil will not have the last say. Thanks for "professing" this. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, I love what you wrote...that we need to "profess" what we believe. Thanks for stopping by and sharing. Blessings.

      Delete
  3. Wow! This is a wonderful post! "Take a leap of faith and jump. Because really, what do you have to lose?" When we take that leap of faith and choose to jump, God will be found." yes yes!! Amen I know this to be true and you have encouraged my heart! Thank you for sharing!! Blessings

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rebecca! I love how we can find encouragement from each other as a result of five minutes of writing. Thank you for stopping by and sharing. Blessings.

      Delete
  4. Yes, He is present in every+thing! I agree with you; the more we see Him in all, the more we will experience Him in all. Here is to this shared vision of peace & love for all for we are all One in Him.
    So glad to be returning your visit to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Paula, for stopping by and sharing. "For we are all One in Him." Love that!!
      Blessings to you.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing, Beth! He is very present, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so grateful He is always present! Thank you for stopping by Becky. Blessings to you.

      Delete
  6. So true, thank you. Popped over from 5MF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking the plunge....yes ma'am. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Tammy. Always nice to connect. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  8. Taking others to the ocean... yes!

    May our lives be lived in such a way that others would be inspired to jump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Love how you said that Darlene! Amen. Happy Friday.

      Delete
  9. Can only jump with His ever present nearness! I have heard it preached that the antidote to fear is the assurance of God's presence!! When my trust is in Him, then I can jump! Jump . . . I may not want to, but I must!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the comment on my post today! :) I appreciate it! i was going to comment back, but I can't figure out how to email you.

    Go read this, you are a no-reply blogger! http://bit.ly/14xWqiU

    xoxo,
    Gayle | Grace for Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job. After years of anxiety and a fear filled life, I am trying very hard to jump into life and enjoy. Hope we can meet in person someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I love hearing from you and I read every one. Be sure to subscribe to comments or check back as I try to respond to all comments. I also do my best to hop on over to your blog for a visit.
Much love to you.